Overload & Coupling Torque limiters
In order to overcome the problems associated with conventional round shearpins, Howdon developed a wedge shaped shearpin introducing a completely new concept for torque limiters. A comprehensive range of overload clutches have been produced using the Wedgegard™ Shearpin Torque Limiter, and are successfully employed worldwide protecting conveyor drives, sewage and process pumps, road tanker PTO drives, steel & paper mills, and marine propulsion just to name a few.
Building upon the Wedgegard™ Shearpin Torque Limiter, Howdon Power Transmission continues to develop outstanding torque limiters for mechanical drive overload problems met in the increasing demands of today’s process plant requiring fail-safe, dependable overload protection.
- Easy access - drive reset in mere minutes
- Wedge-shaped construction gives maximum rigidity with no backlash, making this product ideal for indexing or reversing drives.
- Clamping screws give positive axial location. Shear neck cannot be displaced from correct position between flanges.
- Equal load sharing with multiple pins on high-torque drives. Very high capacity within compact dimensions.
- Shear necks are standardized and color coded giving safe, tamper-proof repeatability. Spare Wedgepins are extremely economical.
- Fail-Safe under all conditions. No affected by changes in temperature or humidity. Ability to release is not dependent on mechanism lubrication
- Gear Couplings
- DIN Universal Joints
- SAE Universal Joints
- ...and more!
Click Here to view/download a PDF of our Torque Limiter Catalog!